The Falling Man - Tom Junod - 9/11 Suicide Photograph - and my poem.

The Falling Man - Tom Junod - 9/11 Suicide Photograph - Esquire:

'via Blog this'

This picture is one that is frozen  in my mind forever and it compelled me to write the following poem.

Dreamed of Flight
By Nelson R. Jacobsen

I always dreamed of flight not one such as this an end.
Envision a bird or plane not a human leaping to escape flames.

My last choice was mine and I chose to fly to my end.
With the conclusion that awaited why not soar in my last time?

I was free in these orbital days for seconds then ever after.
Do not shed tears just live your dreams not fears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look up, get up and never give up in 2015

The Gov. Peter Shumlin of Vermont hates cherry trees and the Constitution!